4. ikz- FAIRmat Winterschool
23. bis 25. Januar 2023
12:30 bis 17:30 Uhr
The Leibniz-Institut für Kristallzüchtung (IKZ) and the FAIRmat consortium
Vortragende Person/Vortragende Personen:
Luca Ghiringhelli, Markus Scheidgen, Ghiringhelli / Scheidgen, Bjork Hammer, Sergei Kalinin sowie viele weitere
Machine Learning (ML) opened up completely new opportunities in Material Science. Together with advances in research data management and software tools ML got more and more accessible. The IKZ Berlin and FAIRmat joint Winterschool invited internationally renowned lecturers to address ML in Material Science and Crystal Growth for any scientist new to the field.
There will be four main sessions:
1. Introduction to ML/AI: basics and general concepts of ML, data management for ML
2. Data Mining & ML assisted experimenting: how to use ML to extract data automatically from experiments and help making decisions
3. ML with small data: difficulties of ML with small data sets and which solutions exist
4. New potentials enabled by ML: what can be simulated now with the help of ML which was not possible before.
The lectures are accompanied by a hands-on tutorial based on our NOMAD AI toolkit.
Registration deadline is the 15th of January 2023