Workshop RDI4DS: Research Data Infrastructures for Data Science and AI
Donnerstag, 28. September 2023
10 bis 16:30 Uhr
Vortragende Person/Vortragende Personen:
Modern research on an internationally competitive level is no longer possible without digital support. More and more data is generated and more and more technical systems are used. This leads to a paradigm shift that is currently being accompanied by numerous activities in the field of research data infrastructures. Prominent examples are the National Research Data Infrastructure (NFDI) and the European Open Science Cloud (EOSC).
Within the NFDI consortium NFDI4DS, a national research data infrastructure for Data Science and AI is currently under development. The key idea is to work towards increasing the transparency, reproducibility and fairness of projects, by making all digital artifacts available, by interlinking them, and by offering new and innovative tools and services.
This interdisciplinary workshop will bring together researchers from different disciplines, to present and discuss recent developments. The goal is to create a common vision for a research data infrastructure for Data Science and AI.
The workshop will take place on Thursday, 28.09.2023 from 10:00 to 16:30 in Berlin (hybrid) in the context of INFORMATIK 2023.
NFDI4DS at a Glance
Sonja Schimmler and Christine Hennig
10:10-10:30 (incl discussion)
NFDI4Energy Task Area 4: FAIR Data for Energy System Research
Amanda Wein et al
10:45-11:00 (incl discussion)
Community and Training in NFDI4DS
Anna-Lena Lorenz et al
11:00 - 11:30
11:30 - 11:45 (incl discussion)
Research Knowledge Graphs in NFDI4DS
Saurav Karmakar et al
11:45 - 12:00 (incl discussion)
NFDI4DataScience – An integrated Digital Service Infrastructure for Data Scientists
Sonja Schimmler, Bianca Wentzel et al
12:00 - 12:15 (incl discussion)
NFDI4DS Transfer and Application
Ekaterina Borisova et al
12:15 - 12:30 (incl discussion)
NFDI4DS Shared Tasks
Raia Abu Ahmad et al
14:00 - 16:00
Ad hoc workling groups
Discussion and further steps
Long papers (max. 8 pages including all appendices), short papers (max. 4 pages including all appendices) and poster papers (max. 2 pages including all appendices) can be submitted on the above topics. Accepted papers will be published in the conference proceedings. At least one author is expected to present the accepted paper during the workshop.
Please use this template for your submission.
Papers should be submitted via EasyChair.
- 29.5.23: Submission deadline (extended) for all papers
- 16.6.23: Notification of acceptance
- 30.6.23: Camera-ready submission deadline
- 26.9.-29.9.23: GI INFORMATIK 2023
- Prof. Dr. Georg Rehm (DFKI)
- Prof. Dr. Manfred Hauswirth (Fraunhofer FOKUS)
- Mahsa, Vafaie (FIZ Karlsruhe)
- Shams Najeebullah (Uni Hamburg)
- Tilahun Abedissa Taffa (Uni Hamburg)
- Prof. Dr. Ricardo Usbeck (Uni Hamburg)
- Dr. Sonja Schimmler (Fraunhofer FOKUS and TU Berlin)
- Bianca Wentzel (Fraunhofer FOKUS)
- Christine Hennig (Fraunhofer FOKUS)
- Mahdi Esmailoghli (Leibniz Universität Hannover)
- Dr. Sonja Schimmler, Fraunhofer FOKUS and TU Berlin
- Christine Hennig, Fraunhofer FOKUS